Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hobble heels

I can not figure out how to walk in high heels... I mean I can get from point A to point B without falling, which deserves some props I suppose; but I can not do it without looking like I am in pain or am perhaps some sort of crazy heeled robot. I am pretty sure my co-workers think I am insane because on those rare moments I actually get to practice my walk I keep changing styles in attempt to figure out how not to look dumb which just results in something that looks like Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks in heels.

I don't feel too bad about my lack of walking style, because I notice I am not alone. There are many in heels who have yet to master the skill, some who have been wearing heels for years. Do you have heel walking style? How have you mastered the strut?

2 comments:

Milesly Rose said...

I took latin dance classes... they are the best for learning how to move in heels! Also remember to walk on your toes, babe.

Alopixia said...

Thankyou for the advice! I've always wanted to take Latin Dance classes and now have an excuse! I've been doing some burlesque strutting with heels on around my bed room and that seems to help a bit. It makes me think of that America's Next Top Model a couple seasons back where they made a big deal of "the walk"